We have a library, dedicated to Stephan Golaszewski, a founder member of the Club, which has a good collection of mainly bird related books, which is housed on a library trolley. Please contact a member of the GBC committee re access.
We would first ask potential users to read the following Library Policy which is quite brief. Once you have read it you can access the library listings which are housed on a separate web site, by clicking on the image on the right, which will open a new page.
NB – due to the termination of Bridgend CBC’s lease of Kenfig National Nature Reserve, we no longer have use of the reserve centre for meetings or indeed storage of certain GBC items, including unfortunately, the library. This is currently in storage at a committee member’s private residence until we can find a solution, so it is effectively out of commission. However, if any member sees a specific book they wish to borrow we would do our best to try and find it and arrange for passing it to them. Of course under the current Covid-19 restrictions this would not be possible.
GLAMORGAN BIRD CLUB LIBRARY POLICY
- The Stefan Golaszewski library is open to all GBC members.
- Details of items held in the library can be seen via this web site.
- Only members of GBC can borrow items from the library.
- The library will be opened by a GBC committee member or appointed representative during evening talks and at the beginning and end of monthly walks.
- To borrow an item members must see the committee member on duty, agree the loan and sign for the item in the inventory on the library trolley.
- Items can be borrowed for 1 month (e.g. if an item is borrowed at an indoor meeting it should be returned at the next meeting).
- If an item is not returned the GBC secretary will email/call the borrower to arrange a suitable return date.
- Returns should be arranged with a GBC committee member
- Borrowing rights may be removed at the committee’s discretion if items are not returned.
- Due to limited space on the library trolley items offered for donation will be considered by the committee. If it is decided that the item is not suitable/is a duplicate it will be offered back. If the item is not wanted back then the committee reserve the right to offer the item elsewhere or to sell the item.