37 species on yesterday’s walk to The Knap, Barry included:
- Mute Swan on the flat calm sea off Knap beach
- Adult Great Black-backed Gull on the shoreline below Knap Terrace
- 41 Tufted Duck on Knap lake (my second-highest count here in the last ten years)
- Adult Mediterranean Gull at Barry Docks
- 17 Redshank and a Raven at Barry Old Harbour
- Cetti’s Warbler singing at Cadoxton Ponds and a singing Goldcrest on Sully Moors Rd.
Highlights of a walk to Cosmeston on Thursday afternoon mostly in misty conditions were 22 Curlew on Sully playing fields (just as well they were there as Sully Island was invisible in the gloom), at least 29 Teal on Cosmeston’s partly frozen West lake and 31 Pochard, all but one on the East lake.